16 Weeks in Scotland

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Still Alive (Barely)

So, another two weeks have passed and still no Islay blog, and now, no Paris blog ready either. We got back last night from our 10-day trip, to London and Paris, and while we have plenty of photos and clever observations to post, we're both suffering with terrible colds. I was sick the whole trip (yes, that was me wheezing by the Seine, blowing my nose in front of the Mona Lisa, and coughing up a lung inside Notre Dame), and Dennis picked it up (I wonder where?) a couple of days ago. True to our differing "sickness styles," he has been sleeping non-stop for the last 20 hours, while I have been restlessly roaming about the house thinking of what to eat.

When we're feeling better, we'll fill you all in. Suffice it to say for now that I spread my germs over three major European cities, and many a Japanese tourist will be taking some memory of me home.

Wish I were home, in my own bed, with my cat curled up beside me.

Typhoid Ginny

1 Comments:

  • Earl in the morning, Talisker by night. It usually keeps me strength up, but the bloody bug has turned me sour it 'as . . .

    As far as last minute trips, we've been eyeing Edinburgh again. It's become very familiar to us and we're just beginnig to get into the good people parts -- good vegitartian restaurants, friendly sit-downs, a great music store . . . You know, all the things that can make a city a home.

    It was odd seeing Edinbugh fill the window as the train pulled into Waverly and actually feeling like we were coming home.

    love back at ya,
    We'll pester you in Buda
    d-man

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home