16 Weeks in Scotland

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Winding Down

I think we owe an update to our few faithful readers out there; we'll be coming home in just over a week, and we've got kind of a backlog of blogs to construct and put up: Budapest, our weekend in Edinburgh, my brother's visit, and a trip to Rosslyn Chapel.

But with the semester winding down, we seem to find it hard to sit in front of the computer and upload pictures or to think of clever narratives and witty quips about our travels. We're both busy and not busy -- sort of on the launching pad, but not ready to go (physically). Today is the last day of classes, and next week, we give finals, clean the house, attend final parties, pack up everything, and try to leave the place as we found it in August. There are already talks of reunions and travel and the lotto-funded fantasy of buying a flat in Edinburgh. I'm counting down the number of times I have left to suffer through a shower in an unheated bathroom, but I'm also counting the number of opportunities I have left to buy a devon doughnut or a Cadbury dairy milk bar (well, a fresh one, anyway). We're cramming in many trips to Edinburgh in this last week, trying to get in a few more walks in the woods around Dalkeith, and yet making long lists of things we're going to do once we get home (eat Mexican food, walk to the bathroom naked, cook an egg for breakfast, pet the kitty).

So, I promise we'll get some more pictures and narratives up -- really, we will!

Gin

1 Comments:

  • Hiya!

    To anyone who missed the chance to experience this trip with you two in person, they'll never know what they truly missed.

    I slept in the warmest room in the Dalkeith House, got a thorough tour of the house and grounds, ate some exquisite vegetarian cuisine, drunkly roamed the streets of Edinburgh with a very happy Ginny and Dennis and learned the joys of the best the BBC has for entertainment. What fun!

    Roslyn Chapel and Edinburgh Castle were the highlight in a trip to a truly beautiful and enchanted country. When I arrived in Edinburgh's airport the sign on exit said, "Welcome to the best little country in the world!" To that I add that I hope Gin and Den win the lotto and buy that flat in the city so I can come "play" with them again.

    Cheers on the "Budapest" entry. I think you hit the character of the city smack on the nose.

    Kris/aka Fizz

    By Blogger Kristopher Shaw, Director, at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home