16 Weeks in Scotland

Friday, August 18, 2006

A few pictures of Dalkeith House and Grounds

Here's a glimpse of the acres and acres of wild land Dalkeith House is on. This will be our backyard!!

Here's another shot of the grounds; I'm pretty sure this is the river Esk (which, as Melissa can tell you, girds the estate).


Here's the "Marble Foyer" and the statue of the Duke of Wellington.



Here's Dalkeith House from afar.

I have to thank UWL student Erin Vollmer, who took these pictures when she was at Dalkeith this summer. She posted them to a Snapfish photo album, and I swiped them for this blog. We'll be able to add our own in a few weeks.

1 Comments:

  • A friend sent me this link and I'm glad he did. We spent Spring Semester of 1995 at the Dalkeith House. These pictures bring back a lot of great memories and great times. In fact, I met my future wife in Dalkeith. She was also studying there for the semester. Have fun. I'm looking forward to reading your posts from Scotland.

    By Blogger Hank E Pants, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home